Credit Card Data Breaches are Rampant
The following is taken directly from the PCI (Payment Card Industry) Security Standards Council’s website. The Council’s five founding global payment brands — American Express, Discover Financial Services, JCB International, MasterCard, and Visa Inc. — have agreed to incorporate the PCI DSS (Data Security Standards) as the technical requirements of each of their data security compliance programs.
Why Comply with PCI Security Standards?
Compliance with data security standards can bring major benefits to businesses of all sizes, while failure to comply can have serious and long-term negative consequences. Here are some reasons why.
Compliance with the PCI DSS means that your systems are secure, and customers can trust you with their sensitive payment card information:
- Trust means your customers have confidence in doing business with you
- Confident customers are more likely to be repeat customers, and to recommend you to others
- Compliance improves your reputation with acquirers and payment brands — the partners you need in order to do business
Compliance is an ongoing process, not a one-time event. It helps prevent security breaches and theft of payment card data, not just today, but in the future:
- As data compromise becomes ever more sophisticated, it becomes ever more difficult for an individual merchant to stay ahead of the threats
- The PCI Security Standards Council is constantly working to monitor threats and improve the industry’s means of dealing with them, through enhancements to PCI Security Standards and by the training of security professionals
- When you stay compliant, you are part of the solution – a united, global response to fighting payment card data compromise
Compliance has indirect benefits as well:
- Through your efforts to comply with PCI Security Standards, you’ll likely be better prepared to comply with other regulations as they come along, such as HIPAA, SOX, etc.
- You’ll have a basis for a corporate security strategy
- You will likely identify ways to improve the efficiency of your IT infrastructure
But if you are not compliant, it could be disastrous:
- Compromised data negatively affects consumers, merchants, and financial institutions
- Just one incident can severely damage your reputation and your ability to conduct business effectively, far into the future
- Account data breaches can lead to catastrophic loss of sales, relationships and standing in your community, and depressed share price if yours is a public company
- Possible negative consequences also include: Lawsuits, insurance claims, cancelled accounts, payment card issuer fines, government fines
You’ve worked hard to build your business – make sure you secure your success by securing your customers’ payment card data. Your customers depend on you to keep their information safe – repay their trust with compliance to the PCI Security Standards.
Your patients deserve the most secure processing on the planet.
You deserve the most reliable processing on the planet.
Here’s what Retriever Medical Dental Payments Inc. has created for DOCTOR’S OFFICES ONLY, with specific consideration of HIPAA:
- Totally secure processing. Once processed, nobody can see the card number.
- From the moment the transaction is transmitted, you have NO LIABILITY. The transaction is in the hands of our facility which is PCI DSS and HIPAA compliant.
- No card data is stored on your computer or your servers
- No quarterly scans of your system are necessary
- Our processing has 8 backup systems with extra electric feeds from the US, Canada and backup generator facilities
- Compatible with any practice management software. Payments automatically post to the patient ledger in your system
- Secure, encrypted vault for automatic recurring payments
- Specialized processing exclusively for healthcare with all the rights, benefits and protections you deserve
Retriever Medical Dental Payments Inc. is the largest and only, exclusively healthcare, processor. As a healthcare facility, you have special processing needs.
We care about you. Retriever Medical Dental complaints or any problem you may be having are our highest priority. If you are a customer and have a troubleshooting issue or comment , please click here for an immediate response.